AIRCON CHEMICAL WASH
A chemical wash refers to the process followed when cleaning all the internal components of the air conditioning unit. Cleaning involves the use of chemicals. The entire process will involve dismantling certain inner parts of the aircon. The components in question include the condenser, filters, and evaporator coils.
Once dismantled the components get dipped into a chemical solution. Immersing them in the chemical solution helps to get rid of any corrosive acids present in the internal parts. It also aids in removing any sticky debris present.
In some cases, the air conditioner technician could also need to flush a chemical solution into the internal drainage pipes. It is highly recommended that you only work with an acclaimed and accredited Singaporean air conditioning company to guarantee the best results from a chemical wash.
THE SCOPE OF WORK IN AN AIR CONDITIONER CHEMICAL WASH
- Checking to make sure that the electrical contacts are properly tightened.
- Cleaning and inspecting the front cover, panel, and filter.
- Purifying, deodorizing, and checking the filter.
- Inspecting the discharge pressure and compressor suction.
- Vacuuming the drainage system.
- Inspecting and cleaning the indoor evaporator coil.
- Inspecting and cleaning the indoor drainage tray.
Aircon pricing varies depending on the FCU. The prices start from $55/FCU for 10 FCU and above. The highest price you can pay for a chemical wash is $350 for 5 FCU.
WHAT TAKES PLACE DURING AN AIR CONDITIONING CHEMICAL WASH?
The technician immerses the parts in a chemical solution to ensure that any scales or dirt that have accumulated on the parts gets dissolves. The pipes and drainage also get flushed using the chemical solution.
In addition to the chemical wash, the servicing technician or company will also perform some additional tasks. They can include checking thermostats and controls, as well as finally testing the air conditioning unit.
This is the sole reason why the chemical wash is in some cases referred to as a chemical overhaul. The objective of this process is to ensure that the air conditioning unit gets back to its “new-like” state.
It is best to have a chemical wash performed once every twelve months. When it comes to old units that have not operated for some time, begin by performing a chemical wash before having them installed. The wash will assist in significantly improving their state.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A CHEMICAL WASH
After the chemical wash, you will get to notice a significant change in your air conditioning unit. Any pre-existing leaking conditions will get resolved. If there were a bad odor before, it would also go away. The chemical wash, therefore, is a great way to get air circulating in your Singaporean home once again.
AIRCON OVERHAUL CLEANING
Living in Singapore means that you have to ensure that your air conditioning unit is checked and serviced as often as possible. Singapore happens to have a tropical climate. Therefore, for the air in your home to remain clean and cool throughout the year, you will need to make sure that the air conditioning keeps running optimally. One way to do this is by having an air conditioner chemical overhaul.
THE SCOPE OF AN AIR CONDITIONER CHEMICAL OVERHAUL
- The technician needs to start by pumping refrigerant gas into your lock service valve as well as into the condensing unit.
- From here, the flare jointing needs to be disjointed. This is then followed by the disconnection of the drain pipe and the electrical wiring located at the fan coil unit.
- Dismantle the fan coil unit from its location in the wall.
- Once dismantled, the electrical unit will need to be dismantled from the fan blower, electrical circuit board, fan motor, evaporator coil, and the drain pan.
- Gently brush the fan motor surface and the electrical circuit board to eliminate any dust that could be present. While at it, ensure that you check for the presence of any abnormal burnt marks.
- The fan blower, evaporator coil, front cover, fan coil front cover, and the drain pan needs to be chemically washed.
- An alkaline chemical will come in handy for this particular step. Acidic chemicals cannot be used as they tend to be more corrosive than the basic ones.
- All the above parts will need to be washed with tap water before a chemical solution can be injected. When injected, the chemical solution will naturally react with the water to start the foaming process. The process helps in eliminating any dirt that may have been trapped in the inner parts.
- When the foaming process comes to an end, all the parts mentioned earlier will need to be flushed using clean tap water. It is the best way for you to get rid of any residual chemicals from the cleaning process.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe all the parts dry before reassembling the fan coil unit.
- Flush or vacuum the drain pipe to clean it.
- Make sure that the fan coil is installed back to its position. The flare joint will need to be secured before you can proceed to connect the electrical wires.
- A vacuum pipe will be needed to help extract any foreign materials or air that could be present in the refrigerant piping system.
- Ensure the service valve is unsecured before you check for any leakage that could be coming from the flare jointing at the fan coil.
- Once done all this is done, test run the air conditioner. This is a great way to check whether it has the correct pressure.
The process described above details all the steps followed when performing an air conditioning chemical overhaul. It is important to ensure that the chemical overhaul is done correctly and properly as this is the only way to maximize the cleaning effect fully. If it is not properly, your unit is likely to start leaking or become corroded.